Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What the production means to the cast

“Performing the Gaza Mono-Logues has been an extremely enlightening experience. It has really opened our sheltered-Colombo-eyes to the trauma that children in conflict zones go through and made us appreciate this chance we have to raise awareness about this issue, while still having a great time!” - Sarani


“Having the chance to perform the Gaza Mono-Logues is an incredible opportunity for me as these thoughts, conveyed by kids my age give us a sense of war that I can relate to from the conflict that existed in my own country until very recently. It means a lot to me as it has given me the chance to acknowledge feelings I felt and suppressed during the war in Sri Lanka.” – Tasmin


“Taking part in ‘Gaza’ as it is affectionately known has been unlike any other theatre experience. It opened my eyes to immense power we have in evoking emotion and shaping opinion. It’s a production that has for its actors, been illuminating, extremely instructive and most of all, fun.” – Meghal


“The pressing issue of Gaza, and the conflict between Israel and Palestine is in itself interesting to portray. But spending time wondering how to portray the level of emotion expressed in the stories written by the children whose experiences we will perform is what I have found important, and interesting.” - Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment